Sunday, April 18, 2010

Savannah Style and Coffee Table Decorating

I love love love Paula Deen, and I also love Savannah, so when I found out about Paula Deen's new book Savannah Style, I immediatly ordered it from amazon.com.



Image Rights


The book is full of beautiful pictures of her home, as well as other beautiful homes around Savannah. I think my favorite section was the section on gardens. Oh what I would give to be able to get lost in some of those lovely gardens. I will be in Savannah in a few weeks on vacation, so hopefully I'll run into some of them!


In addition to getting lost in the style of Savannah, I also worked on my coffee table centerpiece this weekend. Last week I made a post about working on a display for my coffee table. I had asked for some comments/ideas, and this is what I have come up with (for now) =)


Photobucket


I kept the white tray because I thought it would be fun for spring/summer. I also hadn't used it in a while, so I thought it would be a nice change. Using inspiration from the Savannah Style book, I came up with a fun flower arrangement using some peony's that I had from a long time ago, and I added some hydrangeas and some other greenery to fill it in. This vase is from my crystal collection, which I love!!


Photobucket


I also included this fun purple flower plate that I found at Target a few weeks ago. At the time I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I figured I would find something. I added a B&BW's candle, and ta-da!


Thanks everyone for your comments, and I am sure in a few weeks I'll change it up again!

1 comment:

  1. i love your centerpiece! and i want that cookbook!! i saw it on another blog last night :) let me know how you like it. we went to savannah last summer (don't go then...HOT HOT HOT), but the flowers are absolutely GORGEOUS...i love hydrangea and they are out of this world.

    ReplyDelete