Monday, April 26, 2010

Recipe for a Girls' Night

So my girls came over Sat night and we had a SATC Girls' Night. Although it's funny, we only watched one episode of SATC. We spent most of the night talking and catching up (we hadn't seen each other in about a month!)

Anyway, just wanted to share a few things I made for the evening. I prepared most of it ahead of time because I spent the majority of the day at the Beth Moore So Long Insecurity similcast (which was A-MAZ-ING!). I will post about that later this week. I really need a few days to let it all sink in and process.

BTW: The first two are my versions of the recipes. You can click on the hyperlink for the original recipes

Easy White Pizza -- from 5 Ingredient Fix (so easy, and so good!)

1. Take 1 large pre-made pizza crust
2. Brush with olive oil
3. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese (I think I used about 1.5 cups)
4. Drop tablespoon sized amounts of ricotta cheese (I used the low fat version) all over the pizza
5. Add a little kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
6. Sprinkle with italian seasoning
7. Bake according to the instructions on the pizza crust package (about 10-12 mins at 375 degrees, or until brown and crispy)

Blueberry Sangria Lemonade -- from Sandra Lee (I've made this before, and it's always a hit!)

Mix the following into a pitcher:
-- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen concentrated pink lemonade
-- 1 bottle (750ml) of white wine of your choice
-- 3 cups lemon lime soda (Sprite, 7-up, it all works)
-- 1/2 cup vodka
-- handful of frozen blueberries to make it pretty
(Recommended to let sit for an hour to let all the flavors blend together)

Whole Wheat Chocolate-Blueberry Cake -- from BHG April 2010 issue (FYI this is sooo awesome, and also low in fat and calories):

Ingredients
-- 1 cup whole wheat flour
-- 1 cup sugar
-- 6 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
-- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
-- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
-- 1/4 tsp. salt
-- 3/4 cup water
-- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
-- 1 egg
-- 1 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
-- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate pieces

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In blender combine water, blueberries, and the egg. Cover and blend until smooth. Add to flour mixture. Whisk until well combined. Pour into greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
2. Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Invert onto serving platter.
3. In small microwave-safe bowl combine dessert topping and chocolate pieces. Micro-cook, covered, on 50 percent power (medium) 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Let stand 5 minutes. Pour onto cooled cake, spreading evenly.

Makes 9 servings.

Nutrition Facts
Calories: 230
Total Fat: 6 g

2 comments:

  1. yuuum!! I am looking into getting a bread maker (ha!). That is just how much I love my carbs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I remember having SATC nights with my friends a few years back. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete