Thursday, August 12, 2010

Biltmore Estate - Part 2 (The Conservatory and Bass Pond)

I am slowly getting through my Biltmore pics. Today I will share the Conservatory and Bass Pond. The Conservatory is probably my favorite part of the whole estate. There were tons of displays of pots of flowers and plants. I kept taking pics, and had to keep telling my boyfriend to get out of the shot. He kept saying, "are you done yet?"

Here is the Conservatory:

Photobucket


Here are some of the displays within the Conservatory:

Photobucket

This was my favorite display. It was a little water fountain, and the water was coming out of 3 wine bottles set on their sides. If only I could recreate that, I'll have to figure that out.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


This is Bass Pond. There was a little boathouse off to the left (you can barely see the dock) but my boyfriend and I stopped and rested in the boathouse for a bit to get out of the sun. It was starting to get rather hot at this point.

Photobucket


This is a waterfall on the other side of the pond. We didn't walk all the way around the pond, we had already done plenty of walking by that point, but we did get to drive by the waterfall, so I asked my boyfriend to stop the car so I could get a picture. It looked so peaceful!

Photobucket

I still have pictures to share of Antler Hill Village, which had shops, restaurants, the winery, and the little farm. I'll try and get those posted soon, so be sure to check back.

2 comments:

  1. I loved all these pictures, especially the gardens! So beautiful--I hear it is INCREDIBLE during Christmastime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! The Biltmore conservatory looks like a wonderful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete