Monday, February 22, 2010

Chedder Cheese Baked Potato Soup

I made this recipe yesterday for lunch and it was pretty good. I got the recipe from Food Network, it was a Sandra Lee Semi-homemade recipe, and I modifed it slightly. You can get the original recipe here.

I liked the recipe because it was quick and easy. I think it took maybe a half hour total, the majority of the time it just simmered on the stove, and it allowed me some time to catch up on some cleaning while it simmered.

Chedder Cheese Baked Potato Soup


Ingredients:

-- 2 med baking potatoes (the org recipe called for 1, but I wanted more potato in my soup)
-- 2 (10-ounce) cans Cheddar cheese soup
-- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
-- 2-3 strips of bacon (I used turkey bacon b/c it is healthier and b/c that is what I had on hand)
-- Sour cream, for garnish
-- Chopped green onions for garnish (I didn't have any on hand, so I didn't inlcude these)

Directions:

Microwave the baking potatoes for 7 to 8 minutes on high. Pierce with a fork to ensure they are done. Carefully remove from microwave using oven mitts. They will be HOT! Set aside until cool enough to touch. When potatoes are cool, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.

Add cheese soup, chicken stock, and bacon pieces to a medium pan. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally over medium high heat. Add potato and continue to heat soup for 5 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a few chopped green onions.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I love baked potato soup and this seems super easy! Too bad it isn't all that cold here anymore...just about to warm up for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete