Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine's Day Wreath

Over the weekend my Mom made a Valentine's Day wreath. She sent me a text message with a picture of her wreath, and when I saw it, I had to immediatly make one.


This was so easy, and not very expensive. I got all of the supplies at Walmart, for a little more than $10.

Grapevine wreath -- $3.50
Peony bunch -- $5
Sock-monkey -- $3

I just cut the flowers off the bunch, with about 4" of stem, and stuck them in the grapevine wreath. I then wired on the sock-monkey. I know the sock-monkey is kind of silly, but I love sock-monkeys, so I just had to add it in there. My Mom put this in her's and we were thinking we might just remove the sock-monkey after the holiday, and we can then use the wreath for spring. We will just add a bow or more flowers.

This took me no more than 10 mins to make, and the best thing is, I can remove all the items, and update the grapevine wreath for the next holiday.

My Mom has a wreath for almost every holiday, and I think I might follow in her footsteps. I already have ideas for St Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment