Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Book Review: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

A week ago Sunday I decided to pick up The Pioneer Woman's new book Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. I had been debating on just getting this book from the library, since I had heard mixed reviews, but when I heard that I had the chance to meet her, I just had to get the book so I could get her to sign it.


I started reading it on Sunday, and I think I probably read about half of it that afternoon within a couple of hours. It was so good, and very much like her writing style on  her blog, which I love. It was like sitting down with one of your good girlfriends with a cup of coffee and gossiping about your love life. I totally couldn't put it down, and even debating skipping work one day to finish it. Really I would never do that, but for about a half a min, I did debate it. Of course I had to finish the book within the week before the book signing that following Saturday. I totally wanted to tell her how much I loved her book, but got nervous, and managed to say "Hi" and "thank you!"

Some of the critics made comments about her writing style, but come on, we never expected it to be a literary masterpiece. It's a memior, and it totally follows her writing style on her blog, which makes it even more personable.

The first part of the book I guess is on her blog. So are many of her recipes in her cookbook, but I still wanted to buy it. I would much rather carry around a book than my laptop, so it didn't bother me that much of the content was the same. I actually never read her story on her blog, so it was all  new to me.

If you are looking for a cute love story that is an easy read, I highly recommend picking this up. It just made me all warm and happy to hear her story. It also totally made me want to fall in love with a cowboy. I think I fell in love with Marlboro Man before the book was over. Totally ready it if you get a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment