Friday, February 25, 2011

Show Us Your Life: What Do You Make

Over at Kelly's Korner, we are sharing what we make. I have tried a lot of hobbies in my day: scrapbooking, cross stitch, jewelry making, card making, but sewing has probably been the only hobby that I have kept with over the last decade.


I first started out making curtains and pillows for my home. These are my dining room curtains, and it was my first sewing project. I just love sage green and toile, so what a great combination for me. I have had these curtains for like 10 years, and I don't know if I'll ever get rid of them.


I then started making table centerpieces for my dining room table. I actually got this pattern from my Grandmother. She told me it was the only pattern for this she had, and to be very careful when I copied it. It was fun to have something passed down from my Grandma.


I am now into making bags, and totally love Amy Butler designs and fabrics.


I have also gotten into making scarfs, and am hoping someday to make a dress. My mom keeps trying to convience me to start with a skirt, she said it was much easier.

My goal this year is to also try and make a quilt, but I am still looking for the perfect pattern to start. I also need a couple of weekends with some downtime to actually get started on it.

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I make. For more projects, check out my Sewing/Craft Projects tab above.

No comments:

Post a Comment