Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Office Space

I have been spending way too much time at work lately. Right now there isn't much that I can do about that, but I thought it would be fun to spruce up my office space a little with some fun things that would at least make it cozy and fun.

A couple of these things I already had, but over the last couple of weeks, I have made a few changes to make things a little more fun.

I apologize for the not so great cell phone photos. First I was trying not to disturb anyone since I did this at work, and we have horrible lighting at work. Without giving too much away about my work (we had to sign a privacy statement basically saying we won't say anything about our work or our clients in any social media forum), I work at an advertising agency, and our designers like it to be somewhat dark. I guess it helps with the color on the screen. It can be a little depressing at times, but all the more reason to bring in bright, colorful fun things to decorate my "pod" as we call them.


This fish light was left over after someone left our company, and I thought it was so cute, so I had to swipe it. I also love pictures, so I have some fun picture frames with a picture of me and my boyfriend on the beach (reminds me of good times when I am working so hard!), and a picture of my pup.



This is my ribbon board, which I made a while back (I posted about it here), and my bamboo plant. I am so proud of my bamboo plant and the fact that it has grown so big, and to be honest that I have kept it alive for a couple of years. I am not sure if you can tell, but on the lower left side there is a little white flower. The plant came with these fake flowers in it, and a few years ago, it was the hight of that flower. It has grown so much!


As I mentioned, I love pictures, and the walls of our pods are these weird plastically and fabric panels. I just took some left over foam board, and taped up some of my favorite pictures. The little sign at the top was left over from when another person left a few years ago. (I feel like there is this trend of me swiping stuff when people leave...ha!)


I just got this cute pen cup a few weeks ago at The Container Store.


This sign I ordered from Lydia and Pugs. I love her stuff, and when I saw these dog pictures, I just had to get one.


I also just ordered this from etsy.com. I loved those "Keep Calm and Carry On" signs, and we totally need that type of inspiration here at work. When I came across the "Eat a Cupcake" sign, I thought, now this one is just totally me!


My Grandma made me this cross stitch picture a while ago, and have had it at 2 jobs so far. I just love it, and it reminds me of her!

Hope you enjoyed looking at my workspace! If anyone happens to have any other fun workplace ideas, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! We're supposed to be moving next year to a different office building so I've been taking down some of my decorations slowly. Not sure if I'll be able to decorate as well in the new cube since it will be smaller. :( Love your office prayer though. Too cute!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete