Monday, February 21, 2011

Meeting The Pioneer Woman

I had the opportunity to attend the Ree Drummond (aka The Pioneer Woman) book signing on Sat at my local Barnes and Noble. I'll be honest I was shocked she was coming to Columbus, Ohio, and even more shocked when I found out about it early last week...shocked that I found out about it before it happened...lol. Usually I find out after the fact.


 
Ree was amazing as usual, and was signing both her cookbook and her memoir, and was graciously taking pictures. I was lucky enough to get at the store at 9 am that morning to get an early ticket (the signing was at 2 pm), so I was in the 2nd group of people, so my wait was only about 45 mins or so.

I'll be honest I was so nervous to go up and talk to her. I wanted to tell her how much I love her cookbook, her blog, her memoir (which I had just finshed the night before), her dog Charlie (love bassets!!), but I think all I manged was "hi" and "thank you". Of course I think there had to have been at least 400 people there that day, so they were keeping us moving, but allowing us to have however many books we wanted signed, and to take as many pictures as possible.

I am so glad that I got to go and meet her! I am going to do a couple of posts this week in honor of her, so if you are a fan (and who wouldn't be), please stop back over the next few days.

1 comment: