I have been thinking about goals for the last week and I very eager to get started on my goals for 2011.
The last couple of months has been very stressful for me. Things have been extremly crazy at work, and I feel that I have been letting that stress really get to me and my health. My big overall goal for 2011 is to make sure to have a good work/life balance. This might require some changes on my part, both at work and in my personal life, but I am dedicating myself to making sure that I am able to obtain and then maintain that balance.
Below are some of my personal goals. I will probably go into deeper description in other postes later on this week, but as a quick hit list, here they are:
1. Take better care of myself -- eating right, exercising, taking my vitamins, getting enough sleep.
2. Yoga -- I would like to try and do yoga at least once a week, if not twice a week.
3. Read the bible -- I have a plan to read the bible in 365 days; I have never done this before, and am very excited in trying it. In addition to this, I am going to participate in the 2011 Siesta Scripture Memory Team and learn 24 scriptures over the next year.
4. Try 50 new recipes -- I have a ton of cookbooks, so I would like to try at least one new recipe per week; I will be sure to share my results (both successes and failures).
5. Read 20 books -- I have a ton of books on my Goodreads "To read" list. I would love to be able to make a nice dent in this list. This equates to almost 2 books per month, which is probably doable for myself. It's a big goal, so we will see!
6. Craft/Sewing Projects -- I have a couple of craft/sewing projects that I would like to complete. One of them is a quilt, and the others I will share in another post.
7. Write letters/send cards -- I am going to try and send birthday cards to all of my immediate family members, and send letters to my Grandparents on a monthly basis. Currently looking for some cute stationary if anyone has an ideas/links you would like to share!