Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sex and the City II Movie Review


Last Friday night one of my very best girlfriends and I got together to go see the SATC II movie. We loved the first one so much that we were very excited to see the second one. We started out with happy hour at Marcella's and enjoyed some delicious martinis (I love the Strawberry Balsamic Martini!!).

Spoiler Alert!!

I will admit, I liked the first one better, but there were some things that I really liked about this movie. First off, from the gay wedding between Stanford and Anthony (complete with Liza Minnelli singing Single Ladies), to the exotic and very luxurious trip to the Middle East, it was a little over the top, but really did you expect anything less?

I really liked Carrie in this movie the best, but of course she was always my favorite. I also love the story behind her and Big, and one of my favorite scenes is when she is lying in bed with him, after the gay wedding, watching a black and white movie. It totally reminded me of the scene in the first movie where she and Big were sitting in bed and Carrie was reading the book of love poems (one of my fav scenes from the first movie). Of course, poor Big totally strikes out when he tries to recreate the moment for their anniversary, but I think it was the thought that counts.

Another scene that I really loved was the moment between Charlotte and Miranda where they were talking about how hard it was to be a mother. You really saw a side of them that you wouldn't expect, and it was funny to see Charlotte get drunk.

My least favorite parts were Samantha's part. I felt like they made her a little cheesy and even more sex crazed than she was before. I just didn't feel like they had that good serious moment which really brings her story to life.

Overall, if you haven't seen it, grab your closest girlfriends and go see it. I think when it comes out on DVD it would be fun to have a DVD party and watch it again. We did that with the first one and its fun to be able to talk about the movie while you are watching it, which is something that is so hard to do in the theater.

Has anyone else seen the movie? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment