Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pineapple Salsa and Homemade Tortilla Chips


So I have this recent obsession with making homemade salsa. Most recently I made a pineapple salsa, and I think this is probably my favorite so far. I also made some homemade tortilla chips which are easy, and so much better for you than store-bought chips.

Pineapple Salsa

-- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple (I used canned)
-- 1/4 cup diced red onion
-- 1/2 med jalapeno pepper, minced
-- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
-- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice

Combine all ingredients into a medium bowl.

Homemade Tortilla Chips

Cut flour tortillas (or you can use pitas) into about 8 triangles. You can then either brush olive oil, or I used spray butter, onto both sides of the triangles. Sprinkle with salt and bake at 400 for about 4 mins. Turn the chips over and bake for another 2-3 minutes until brown. Let cool and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, this does sound yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...YUM!!! Printed this off immediately and will be trying this one soon. Thank you for sharing. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum-o!! i love the looks of that :) homemade salsa is so easy, especially with a mini processor :)

    ReplyDelete