Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hungry Girl - Hot Chick'n Salad


I recently purchased the Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 recipe book. It's 200 recipes under 200 calories. I wanted to share one of the recipes that I tried this weekend.

Hot Chick'n Salad -- This was pretty good, but I added a lot more hot sauce to it, and I added some salt to taste. I put this in a whole wheat pita pocket, but you could also scoop it up with some pita chips

Makes 2 servings:

PER SERVING (half of recipe, 3/4 cup): 142 calories, 2.25g fat, 600mg sodium, 6g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 2g sugars, 25g protein

Ingredients:
-6 ounces cooked lean skinless boneless chicken breast, cubed (I used the Tyson pre-cooked chicken in a pouch, it's the right amount of chicken)
-3 tablespoons fat-fee mayonnaise
-3 tablespoons chopped celery
-3 tablespoons chopped carrots
-2 teaspoons reduced-fat parmesan-style grated topping
-1 1/2 teaspoons Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
-1/2 teaspoon dry ranch dip/dressing seasoning mix

Directions:
-In a small bowl, combine the mayo, Frank’s, and ranch mix. Stir well, and set aside.
-In a medium bowl, mix chicken, celery, and carrots. Add the saucy mayo, and stir. Sprinkle with parm topping, and stir again.

No comments:

Post a Comment